Blogging as an occupation is hard work. It may not seem like much at first, but the daily grind can really get to you after a while. Posting about the same or similar topics several times a week can drain your creativity and your mental batteries.
Sometimes you just get tired. Tired of thinking, tired of planning; just plain worn out. But you have to keep going. You have to keep working. There is no pause button in life, nor can you continue to keep your blog profitable if you abandon it. So, how do you do it? How do you give your brain a jumpstart and get it back to at least partial capacity; enough to get you through the rest of the day or the rest of the week? Well, here are five tips that can help restart your brain:
- Eat – Sometimes your brain won’t function any longer because it doesn’t have enough fuel. You skipped breakfast, ate too small of a lunch, or just didn’t eat the right stuff. Whatever the case, your brain needs food to function at its peak. Try protein, it gives you strength without sending you to the moon like sugar.
- Drink – Water is essential. Sometimes we forget just how much we need to consume. It is much more than we actually do. Dehydration is a leading cause of brain drain, so drink up. Always have some water on your desk and take sips throughout the day. And, no, soda or juice doesn’t count. Water is always your best hydrator, and the more you drink, the more you like it.
- Move – Exercise is a great way to restart your brain. When you get out of your chair and see new sights, smell new smells, and just move, your brain gets a wakeup call. You are giving your eyes a necessary break too, as they can get tired staring at a glowing screen all day. Get out and smell the flowers. Your brain, your eyes, and even your overall health will improve. Even fifteen minutes a day can work wonders.
- Rest – Naps aren’t just for kids. If you didn’t get enough rest last night, no amount of caffeine will keep you going. So, take a nap. Find a quiet corner, go out to your car, or even curl up under your desk if you have to. Just 5-15 minutes of sleep can recharge your batteries. But don’t take too long of a nap or you’ll wake up more tired than ever!
- Relax – Sometimes you just need to take a break. Look out a window and daydream for a while. If you can’t see a window, then hang up a picture of a calm landscape or vacation destination. Stare at it and pretend that you are there. Let your brain relax and unwind for a few minutes and then you can get back to work, recharged.
Remember to take a deep breath, close your eyes, and stay calm. No matter what you do, there is always time to take a break and recharge. Don’t push your brain past its limits. Try one of these five tips and let your brain take a breather.
Remember, these are only temporary solutions. If you’ve already run yourself into the ground, then you need to think about taking some time off. Do not freak out, taking time off from work is a natural, needed thing. That’s why vacation was invented. For the sake of your continued physical and mental health, think about taking a vacation. Make sure it is long enough to give your brain and body the rest it really needs. Then, when you come back, you are refreshed, recharged, and ready to face whatever challenges life throws at you.
Nancy Parker was a professional www.enannysource.com , and she loves to write about wide range of subjects like health, Parenting, Child Care, Babysitting, nanny background check tips etc. You can reach her @ nancy.parker015 @ gmail.com